Native Trees & Shrubs
Fall 2020 sale now closed. Spring 2021 sale opens March 1!
- Fall 2020 Pickup: 2222 Dean St, Woodstock (Soil & Water Conservation District Building)
- September 18, 10am-3pm
- September 19, 1:00-5:00pm
- TLC members receive 10% off their order! Enter MEMBER in the coupon code box at checkout (be sure to hit "enter" after typing in code or discount will not be applied). Not sure if you're a member? Call us, 815-337-9502. Become a member now!
- Planting Instructions:
It is better to dig the hole wider than deeper. Digging deeper than the root ball depth causes the plant to settle. The width of the planting hole should be two to five times the diameter of the root ball. This loose soil around the root ball allows for quick root growth into the soil from the root ball. When backfilling, do not stomp the soil, as this causes compaction and slows root growth. Either lightly firm the soil or allow water to naturally settle the soil.
- Care of your new tree/shrub: Thoroughly and gently water your new tree or shrub the first 3-5 days. After that, thoroughly water at least once/week as conditions demand.
- Need help picking specific trees/shrubs or need advice on using native species? Sign up for a [email protected] visit and we can help pick plants for your specific needs! Call Sarah Michehl at 815-337-9502 or email [email protected].