Bringing nature home is easy with Conservation@Home, TLC’s environmentally responsible land stewardship support program for homeowners. The program was started by The Conservation Foundation to give residents in DuPage, Kane, Will, and Kendall counties a meaningful way to contribute to the environmental health of their communities. In 2015, The Land Conservancy introduced this program to McHenry County.
Let’s Get Started
There are simple concepts that Conservation@Home participants incorporate into their property. Consult our checklist for ideas. There are four main categories:
- Incorporate native plants, remove invasive plants – learn more
- Landscape for wildlife (pollinators too!) learn more
- Conserve water learn more
- Use eco-friendly yard & lawn care learn more
Schedule a Site Visit
- Fill out the checklist online or print out your own copy and submit at site visit or mail to The Land Conservancy, P.O. Box 352, Woodstock, IL 60098 Attn: C@H.
a. Payment can be made ahead of time online with credit card, over the phone with credit card, or in-person at the time of the site visit with cash or check.
b. The program fee is $35.00 for current members of The Land Conservancy. The non-member rate is $75 ($35 program fee and $40 tax-deductible donation which includes a one-year membership to TLC) for participation in the Conservation@Home program. Not sure if you’re a current member? Call us! 815-337-9502.
- Contact Sarah Michehl at The Land Conservancy and she will set up your site visit with a member of our Conservation@Home team. Call 815-337-9502 X 109 or email [email protected]
- Qualified homeowners will have the opportunity to receive a yard sign signifying their participation in the program and environmentally- friendly landscape.
Faces of Conservation@Home
Click to read stories about some of the people who participate in Conservation@Home